Purdue Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP), hosted by the Purdue Graduate School
2014 Program dates: The dates of the program this summer will be June 1 to July 26, 2014.
Application Deadline: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by March 1, 2014.
Please note: Application for Summer 2014 is now available.
The Graduate School
Attn: Purdue SROP
Ernest C. Young Hall 170
302 Wood Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2108
The Purdue SROP has the goal of enhancing diversity in academic, government, and industry positions that require graduate degrees. It is our aim to encourage talented undergraduate students from social and economic backgrounds that are underrepresented in research careers to pursue graduate education, and to enhance their preparation for graduate study. This program involves intensive research experiences with faculty mentors. All qualified students, including but not limited to African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, and Native American, are encouraged to apply. Participants will be selected on the basis of their interest in pursuing a doctoral degree, relevant college coursework and grades, letters of recommendation, and their ability to contribute to the goal of the program. The program is supported by the Graduate School, Center for Cancer Research, Alliance for Graduate Education and Professoriate and other groups on the Purdue campus.
Undergraduate students are eligible for consideration if they:
- are currently enrolled in a degree granting program at a U.S. college or university;
- have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- have an interest in pursuing graduate education; and
- are available to participate in the entire eight-week summer program.
(Please click here for further description and photos)
- Round trip transportation
- University housing for 8 weeks
- Research Stipend ($4,000/8 weeks)
- Workshops on preparation for GRE
- Poster and Oral Research Presentations
- Evening meetings
- Access to Recreational Facilities, Libraries, Computers, Research Labs, & Health Center
- Weekend fieldtrips
Questions regarding this program may be addressed to the SROP Coordinator by email at email@example.com.